Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Designing for Mobile, Tablets and more..
Tuesday, June 14, 2011 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CDT)
Experts in Mobile Web, iPhone / iPad and Android design will be sharing real techniques, tips and best practices with designers, developers and entrepreneurs in this whole day, fast-paced conference.
PLEASE POST ON TWITTER:
I am attending #ChiMobileDesign Designing for Mobile, Tablets and more.. http://t.co/NudoNts @UkiDLucas
09:00 (30 min) breakfast and social introductions
09:30 (30 min) welcome note from SPONSORS :
- Jeffrey Epstein, Digital Bootcamp
- Mike DiPirro, DVP Mobile eCommerce, Sears Holding Corporation
- Natalia Cantemir, president, CyberWalkAbout.com
- Google, GTUG, Chicago Android
10:00 Presentations (10 min. "social break" after each presentation)
(30 min) Natalia Cantemir, Art Director and President of CyberWalkAbout.com Creator of over a dozen mobile applications will be talking about design tips for native apps.
- techniques to create graphical assets for various size platforms
- stretchable 9patch images for Android
- Metro design
(30 min) Karim Varela, Developer Support, AT&T
(30 min) Jason Shah, Mediafly.com
(30 min) Pek Pongpaet - http://www.shelfluv.com
- UX design for iPhone and iPad
(30 min) Lwin Maung Managing Director, Accolade Systems, Inc.
- Android development with Arduino
(30 min) Uki D. Lucas, Android Architect, Mobile Innovation Group, Sears / KMart / Kenmore
- creating graphical elements programmatically for Android
- designing for Android tablets
(30 min) Travis Smith, designkitchen.com
- how mobile app design is disproving traditional usability axioms
(30 min) Hugh Jedwill, CEO, Mobile Anthem
- understand market dynamics and their impact on your design
- learn guidelines for utilizing human behaviors to design a successful experience
(30 min) Paul McCann, Instructor, Digital Bootcamp, http://paulmccann.com/
- Responsive design for the mobile browser.
16:00 SPEAKER PANEL: Google IO 2011 recap:
- World-Wide Google Technology User Group - updates
- developing not only for phones and tablets: Google Accessory Development Kit & API
- home automation: Google Android@Home, Project Tungsten
- Google APIs - review
- Google TV
- Chrome OS
- NFC - Near Field Communication
- Q & A
When & Where
mobile platform think-tank and development team organized by Uki D. Lucas
Group of entrepreneurs and developers specializing in creating Android (as well as tablet, iPhone, Blackberry) applications.